18.6.13

Material Gains

Honestly I was on the verge of breaking into a run when I saw this. Swept along by a wave of excitement and a sudden irrational fear that someone might get to it first.... a bit nuts seeing as I was the only one in the shop.



Love anything with a Skandi look - that bold, simple design, with a kind of retro 70's feel. Though possibly Dutch?  Not sure. Anyway I couldn't have been happier with my piece of fabric, and used every last thread of it to make this large cushion.


I found the material in a place called Rose Tinted Rags in Hereford, which is supported by a local charity and described in the blurb as a Recycled Textiles and Art Centre. It's way more fabulous than it sounds.

Crammed full of glorious reclaimed/donated/salvaged fabric, wool, haberdashery...the list goes on... believe me, it's a kind of secondhand crafty heaven.
The talented twosome who run it also hold quite a few sewing/craft/upcycling workshops at the centre - some for people with learning disabilities, others for anyone who's interested. There's definitely a buzzy, creative vibe going on.

I usually make a beeline for the piles of vintage fabric.
Never seem to leave empty handed.


Now I've got to get cracking with all these lovely bits and pieces...
And... (cue gentle drum roll)... I have my first order!
Just a small one, but it's a start.


Linking with lovely Handmade Monday